Timetable Improvements from 6 September 2020
West Midlands Railway has announced improvements to the Stourbridge line timetable which will be introduced to coincide with the start of the new school year.
It will see the restoration of the six trains per hour service as far as Stourbridge Junction in off-peak hours. However, a small number of peak services which had proved unreliable in the past will not be restored.
These changes will almost completely restore services to pre-Covid levels.
- 6 trains per hour will run between Birmingham and Stourbridge Junction
- 4 trains per hour will run between Birmingham and Kidderminster
- 2 trains per hour will run between Birmingham and Worcester.
- 2 trains per hour will serve Langley Green, Old Hill, Lye and Blakedown
- 3 trains per hour will serve Hagley
- 1 train per hour will serve Hartlebury
At the other end of the line,
- 2 trains per hour will terminate at Dorridge
- 2 trains per hour will terminate at Whitlock's End
- 2 trains per hour will terminate at Stratford-upon-Avon (1 via Dorridge and 1 via Shirley).
All departures are planned to run with Class 172 trains, with the older Class 170 and 153 trains retired from this route.
West Midlands Railway has now posted a Snow Hill lines timetable booklet for the period from 6 September to 12 December on their website.
However, SLUG has been notified by Pre-Metro Operations that the timetable quoted for the Stourbridge Town branch in this booklet is incorrect and has provided a link to its own timetable for the same period. At busy times there will be a queuing system introduced at Junction and Town. Security Guards will only be allowing a maximum of 15 onto Shuttle platforms for boarding.
Please click on the correct link below for full details.