Engineering Works affecting Stourbridge line services in March 2021
Engineering works on other parts of the West Midlands rail network will indirectly affect services along the Stourbridge line during March.
From Monday 8 March
- Chiltern Railways are introducing an extra service from Kidderminster at 08.07 which terminates at Birmingham Moor Street at 08.53.
Tuesday 9 March to Friday 12 March
Network Rail has confirmed that the Stourbridge Town branch will be closed for these four days to complete improvements to the track along the branch. Replacement bus services will be in operation.
Thursday 11 March
Due to overnight engineering works in the Stourbridge area, the following Chiltern Railways trains are amended as follows:
- 06.41 Stourbridge Junction - Marylebone will start at Rowley Regis at 06.52.
- 07.21 Stourbridge Junction - Marylebone will start at Rowley Regis at 07.32.
Passengers travelling from Stourbridge Junction will need to use an earlier alternative West Midlands Trains service between Stourbridge Junction and Rowley Regis.
Saturday 13 March and Sunday 14 March
There will be engineering works between Solihull and Dorridge.
- No Chiltern Railways services will operate along the Stourbridge line on these two days.
- West Midlands Railway services to Stratford-upon-Avon via Shirley and to Whitlocks End will operate as normal.
- West Midlands Railway services to Stratford-upon-Avon or Leamington Spa via Soliihull and to Dorridge will terminate at Birmingham Snow Hill.
Sundays 21 and 28 March
Engineering works will be taking place on the route through Bromsgrove.
- West Midlands Railway services along the Stourbridge line will operate as normal.
- West Midlands services from Birmingham New Street to Hereford, which normally operate via Bromsgrove, will operate from Birmingham Snow Hill and run non-stop along the Stourbridge line.
- CrossCountry services from
Edinburgh to Plymouth will also operate non-stop along the line.